Submit Feedback or a Complaint
Thames Centre appreciates your feedback. We also appreciate hearing your positive feedback about staff and the work of the Municipality!
Informal recommendations can be registered using our online feedback form.
Thames Centre encourages early resolution of complaints in all circumstances. We recommend you first talk directly to the service area or department where you have an issue. You may do so in person, by telephone, by email or in writing. Most complaints are received verbally and can be resolved promptly by the department in charge of the service (see our Complaint Handling Policy).
Types of Complaints NOT included
This policy does not address the following:
- Request for service
- Request for accommodation
- Criticisms or anonymous complaints
- Issues addressed by legislation, or an existing municipal by-law, policy or procedure
- A decision by Council or a Board/Committee
- Internal employee complaints
- Matters that are handled by tribunals, courts of law, quasi-judicial boards, etc.
- For example, a request made to the Municipality of Thames Centre for a specific service such as repair to street surface, by-law or parking infractions, damage to municipal property, or garbage pick-up do not qualify as a complaint under this policy.
Types of Complaints
- Informal Complaints
Individuals are encouraged to work with municipal staff to resolve issues or concerns before they become formal complaints. Informal complaints may be made in person, by phone, letter or email. It is the responsibility of Municipal Staff to attempt to resolve issues or concerns before they become formal complaints and identify opportunities to improve programs and services.
Please use this feedback form for concerns that are non-urgent or general in nature.
- Formal Complaints
A formal complaint is generated when an informal resolution cannot be successfully achieved. This will result in a file generated, investigation and decision.
Filing a Formal Complaint
The complainant must fill out a formal complaint form.
Anonymous complaints will not be accepted.
Resolution with the Municipality
Should you have a problem that you have been unable to resolve with the municipality, please contact the Municipal Ombudsman.
The Municipal Ombudsman, Integrity Commissioner and Closed Meeting Investigator for Thames Centre is Mr. Mark MacDonald of Independent Resolutions Inc. he can be reached at 519-670-4517.
Other Information: - coming soon