Thames Centre funds the garbage and landfill operations through a surcharge included with the Final Tax Bill issued annually in August.
Property owners receive 45 bag tags annually in January, and if additional bag tags are required, they can be purchased as required for $2.50 each.
Where to Purchase Tags
- Dorchester Foodland
2095 Dorchester Road
- Thorndale Farm Supply (cash or cheque only)
197 King Street, Thorndale
- Thorndale Public Library (cash or cheque only)
21790 Thorndale Road, Thorndale
- Y & H Market (located next to the post office on Catherine Street)
4170 Catherine Street, Dorchester
- Municipal Office - Dorchester
4305 Hamilton Road, Dorchester
How to Properly Place Tags
- Folded around the neck of the bag or on the side, with the bag facing the road to be easily seen
- DO NOT wrap the tag tightly around the neck of the bag
- DO NOT put the tag on a garbage can or other container
- Improperly tagged garbage will not be collected
- Any abuse of the Municipality of Thames Centre garbage bag tag system may result in penalties under By-law 41-2012
Multi Residential/Light Commercial Properties
- Residents of multi residential properties will be required to purchase tags and set out waste in one central area. Bags will not require tags if a private dumpster is currently provided by the owners of an apartment building and is not removed by the Municipal Contractor.