Thames Centre Playground Program is now accepting registration for Summer 2021! Staff are working with public health officials to make sure we run a fun, successful and COVID-19 safe program. Although things might look different from previous years, we are confident with the community’s support we can provide this great service for our residents of Thames Centre.
- Playground will begin on Monday, July 5, 2021 and run until Friday, August 27, 2021 (8 weeks). There will be no Playground offered on Monday, August 2, 2021 (Civic Holiday).
- The program hours will be from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. daily. We will not be offering before or after care this year.
- Children must be entering Year 2 of Kindergarten (SK) to grade 7 as of the fall of 2021. Therefore, all participants must be age: 4, and no older than age: 12.
- There will be a limited amount of 75 spaces per week for this year’s summer playground. Spaces are first come, first serve (subject to permission from Province and Middlesex-London Health Unit to proceed).
- Payment is not required when registering, but we will begin accepting payment the week of June 28, 2021, in the event that any COVID-19-related restrictions result in the requirement to change, reduce or cancel any playground weeks.
- Payment is required prior to attending Playground, in the form of cash, cheque, debit or credit card.
- All registrations are limited to families who live or work in Thames Centre.
- There will be no last minute registrations accepted; children must be registered for their week one week prior to attending. For example, children will need to be registered in week: 1 if they want to attend week: 3. You cannot register in week: 2 to attend week: 3.
- Registration can only be completed online. A confirmation email and invoice will be received once the participants are booked, and will take 1-2 business days.
- The cancellation policy is 2 weeks/14 days prior to the week you have signed up for.
- Masks are mandatory, and all COVID-19 guidelines must be followed.
The Playground Summer 2021 Weeks are as follows:
Week 1: July 5 – July 9, 2021 ($175.00)
Week 2: July 12 – July 16, 2021 ($175.00)
Week 3: July 19 – July 23, 2021 ($175.00)
Week 4: July 26 – July 30, 2021 ($175.00)
Week 5: August 3 – August 6, 2021 ($140.00)
Week 6: August 9 – 13, 2021 ($175.00)
Week 7: August 16 – 20, 2021 ($175.00)
Week 8: August 23 – 27, 2021 ($175.00)
- The Thames Centre Playground Program has been provided for many years for children to come together and have fun
- The program is open to children who have completed Junior Kindergarten up to grade seven. Children come together to take part in a variety of games, crafts, sports, outdoor play, swimming (seasonal), along with many other fun activities
- This is a locally sponsored program, therefore children must live within the Municipality of Thames Centre in order to participate
- If a parent works in Thames Centre, their children will be permitted to attend the program
- The program is held at the FlightExec Centre, in the older section
March Break Playground
March Break Playground 2021 has been cancelled.
Leader's in Training (LIT)
- LIT's will not be required for summer 2021.